Did you know most of our handcrafted products contain essential oils? We choose to use essential oils instead of fragrance oils due to them being natural and the endless benefits they provide.
Before we get started, I want to share with you a little background about essential oils. In a nutshell, essential oils are extracted from different parts of such as flowers, leaves, fruits, seeds, barks, etc. The most popular way to extract the plant is through steam distillation and this produces the oil. The oil is can be extremely potent so it's important to know how much you should be using. We won't dive too deep into the process because we want to focus on how these oils can help you.
I want to share with you some favorite ways to use essential oils in your everyday life. We have listed 5 ways you can use these oils to help with stress, sinus relief, headaches, sleep or relaxation.
- For bath time, We love lavender. Lavender helps relieve aching muscles, soothes the skin & it's awesome for relaxation. Use 6-8 drops of oil in your bath water for a next level experience.
- For stress & anxiety relief, We love citrus oils. These are refreshing and boost your mood. Lemon and bergamot are our favorite of the citrus oils. You can put these in a spray bottle and spray them in a room or use them in a diffuser.
- For sinus relief, We love Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus is great for clear nasal congestion & respiratory issues. We recommend adding a few drops to your shower to create a steaming effect. You can also put a few drops in a diffuser.
- For headache relief, We love Peppermint. Use this by mixing a small amount of coconut oil with 1 drop of peppermint oil and rubbing it on your temples.
- For a good night's sleep, We love Chamomile. Chamomile helps to reduce insomnia by reducing anxiety. Use this by mixing a small amount of coconut oil with 2 drops of chamomile oil and rubbing it on your temples. You can also put a few drops in a diffuser.
Hope you enjoyed this! If so, please share it with a friend.
Let us know in the comments which ones are your favorite.