How to Transition Your Skin Care Routine from Summer to Fall
The cold, dry air has a big impact on your skin, therefore, as the season changes so should your skin care routine. I've listed 10 tips to keep your skin glowing this fall!
- Hydrate: Cold weather draws out moisture. Drink at least nine 8 oz cups of water per day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Choose ingredients wisely: Look for products that contain honey, aloe and/or glycerin. These are natural humectants that draw in moisture to your skin.
- Use a gentle cleanser: Choose gentle ingredients that will cleanse AND moisturize your skin. Avoid ingredients like sulfates that strip your natural oils.
- Avoid steaming, hot showers: Take a warm shower instead. Really hot water and cause dry and irritated skin. It can also prevent your skin from locking in moisture.
- Don't forget your SPF: Protect your skin and lips with SPF. The sun's out even when it's cold. Look into a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30+
- Avoid divulging in sugar: With the holidays approaching try to avoid a bunch of extra sugar. Too much sugar provokes breakouts and oily skin.
- Heavy on the moisture: You may find you need a heavier moisturizer to combat the dry air or you need to apply a heavier amount during the day/night.
- Create a solid body care routine: Cleanse daily, exfoliate 1-3 times per week and moisturize 1-2 times per day. Do not skip exfoliation! I repeat, do not skip exfoliating skin!
- Practice lip care: Exfoliate lips 1-2 times per week and use a lip mask each night to nourish and moisturize.
- Create a solid face care routine: Bare Minimum: Cleanse 1-2 times a day, Exfoliate 1-3 times a week, Moisturize face, eyes & neck 2 times a day
All of these tips work together for healthy, glowing skin. Let me know which tip is your favorite!