Dark spots on your face and other parts of your skin may be because of several reasons. Hyperpigmentation or dark spots can be a direct result of acne conditions, hormonal changes, skincare products, overexposure to the sun, and several other causes. Are you in search of ingredients and procedures to fade dark spots naturally? You should continue reading to get the treatment for the hyperpigmentation skin condition.
Skincare products are available to help you lighten the dark areas on your skin over a given period. However, these treatments come with their risks and detriments to the skin. Using some natural ingredients to fade these dark spots might be your best option. The application of these natural ingredients remedy the dark spots on your skin and help to prevent hyperpigmentation.
What Is The Cause Of Hyperpigmentation Or Dark Spots?
Hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin have common causes. One of the top causes of this skin condition is sun damage. It usually affects the part of the body that is exposed to the sun often. Skin irritation is another major cause of hyperpigmentation on the skin. Insulin resistance in your bloodstream can cause your skin to have dark spots. Hormones from different stages of your body can also cause your skin pigmentation to change. In addition, endocrine diseases can cause the skin condition to change.
Ingredients for Skin Pigment Treatment
These are natural ingredients that can help to treat hyperpigmentation. These remedies have anecdotal properties and they work wonders in fading dark spots naturally. Some of the natural ingredients for fading dark spots include:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a great ingredient for lightening dark spots on your skin. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It makes your skin glow and helps to revive the natural glow of your skin. Turmeric is great for its ability to speed up the regeneration of new and healthy skin tissue.
To use turmeric to fade your dark spots, mix turmeric powder, 1-2 teaspoons of milk and about a teaspoon of lemon juice until it forms a paste. Leave it to rest on your face for about 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. After rinsing, apply your moisturizer and continue this routine until your dark spots fades away.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera packs several benefits when you apply it to the skin. It is very versatile in healing wounds and moisturizing the skin. Aloe vera is also useful for removing dark spots from your face. You can get the aloe vera and apply it directly from the plant or get the extract from your nearest marketplace.
To apply aloe vera for best results, apply the aloe vera gel directly on the dark spot area of your skin. Let it sit for up to 30 minutes in the morning and evening. After these two sessions, wash the area of your skin with lukewarm water and repeat till you spot fading properties on the area of your skin.
- Lemon Oil: This oil contains hesperidin properties that are instrumental in reducing the melanin level in a part of the skin. This makes it a very useful ingredient in fading out dark spots, for treatment of acne scarring, and evening out skin tone.
To use lemon oil, you can use facial steam to even tone your skin. Start by heating up about four cups of water till it starts boiling. Pour this boiling water into a heat-resistant bowl. Add about 10 drops of lemon oil to the steaming water. Sit by the bowl of water and bow your head over the bowl with a towel wrapped over your head. By doing this, no steam will evaporate without your pores absorbing it into your skin.
You can also make lemon face mask as another option to apply this solution. To proceed, mix a teaspoon of honey with one or two pinches of baking soda. Add three drops of lemon oil and stir well. Apply this mixture gently on your face and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with warm water. Continue with this routine till you get results.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a natural ingredient that makes the skin look younger than its age. It provides excellent antioxidant properties as it fights against radical damages to the skin. If you are having an acne problem, vitamin C is a great ingredient that helps to reduce or neutralize the inflation of your skin and prevent breakouts.
To use vitamin c to fade dark spots on the skin, pick out the area where you want to apply your vitamin c serum. Apply a small amount of the vitamin c serum and spread evenly. Wait up to 24 hours before applying another spread of the serum to your skin. Continue to apply this spread until you achieve the result you desire. In case you develop any side effects, discontinue the use to avoid further skin detriments.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This essential ingredient contains acetic acids. This is great for lightening pigmentation and fading dark spots. It also improves the overall nutrition and appearance of your skin.
To use this remedy on your skin, mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar with water in a bowl. Apply the paste to dark patches and leave for up to 10 minutes. Next, rinse off with lukewarm water to remove the paste. Afterwards, apply moisturizer to lock in the nutrient in your skin.
Summing It UpHyperpigmentation is more of a cosmetic case than a medical case. Natural ingredients are effective and useful for fading the lightening dark spots on your skin. Depending on the type of hyperpigmentation issue you are dealing with, you need to understand the cause to determine the intensity of the treatment. There are different remedies for pigmentation that you can apply to even out your skin tone. Using the natural remedy options to treat skin hyperpigmentation is an option that will leave no detriment on your skin or your health.